$5.50 per hour (tipped)
Full-Time & Part-Time + Shift Differential
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Perform all the tasks required to provide service to the guests in the restaurant area including taking and filling food and drink orders, providing refills, answering questions, delivering food, bussing tables, etc.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of daily menus and prices.
- Notify guests of food specials, prices, and portions of food items.
- Monitor guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled.
- Ensure proper identification and age of guests prior to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Serve alcohol responsibly; watch for signs of intoxication and follow proper procedures to discontinue service when necessary.
- Engage guests in conversation and make their experience memorable.
- Report any guest concerns or complaints to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Maintain proper stock of all product and supplies needed for service in assigned stations.
- Adhere to all revenue handling policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and be able to efficiently handle guest inquiries.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food and Beverage Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department supervisor, manager and/or director.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must possess effective communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of six (6) months restaurant experience is preferred.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift including maneuvering through crowded areas. Must be able to work in an unusually noisy environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also, frequent use of hands to handle or feel, and reach and grasp. Additional hand movements include, but are not limited to: repetitive motions, grasping, holding and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally will need to stoop, kneel and or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Evening and/or weekend work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene, due to working near others.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined