POSITION: Cage Cashier POSTING DATE: 11/27/2017
LOCATION: Gaming Division
WAGE: $10.00 per hour CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Table of Equivalencies Applies Reports Directly To: Cage/Vault Supervisor
Full-Time + Shift Differential Location: Gaming Division
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected present themselves in a professional manner to our customers as well as other departments. North Star Mohican Casino resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for the physical custody, exchange and reconciliation of all contents of the vault.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
- Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino resort.
- Assist the window cashiers in meeting the casino demand for currency, coin and gaming chips.
- Responsible for deposits, double-checking the soft count, filling and balancing of the NRTs.
- Responsible for the inventory of the table games chips, cards, and dice. Sending new table games cards to the tables, doubling the table games cards prior to receiving them into the vault from the tables to ensure accuracy, and cutting the used cards and drilling dice.
- Responsible for organizing all paperwork throughout the shift.
- Responsible for having NRT money available.
Cage Cashier, Page 2
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Cage /Vault Department and Finance Departments.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Applicant may be asked to submit to and pass a general math test.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Must have general working knowledge of computers and adding machines.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work under stressful situation daily.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also, frequent use of hands to handle or feel, and reach and grasp. Additional hand movements include, but are not limited to: repetitive motions, grasping, holding and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally will need to stoop, kneel and or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Evening and/or weekend work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene, due to working near others.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: email@example.com
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
Cage Cashier, Page 3
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.